Sunday, March 06, 2005

WWOOFing is Wonderful!

Hi everyone!

 

I'm in Marahau at the moment, at the start of the Abel Tasman track, where I've been working on an organic beef farm for the past week.  What a place!  70 acres of regenerating bush, a "healthy house," horse, dog, two cats, scottish red-poll cattle, an orchard and two large veggie gardens.  The family (Anthony, Rhonnie and Tim) have been amazing and we have had some really good conversations about organics, permaculture, vegetarianism, healing, energy work, enlightenment etc.  We eat amazing 100% organic food, most of which is from the farm itself.  I'm staying in a great trailer outside, with a wonderful outdoor solar shower.  I work four and a half hours a day, and the rest of the time go swimming at the beach, read, do yoga, or am engaged in stumulating conversation. 

 

Yesterday I went to the Riverside Peace Festival at the Riverside intentional community in Motueka.  New Zealand's oldest community, it was started by conscientious objectors before the second world war, and is still functioning.  Interesting. 

 

Staying here has given me a lot of perspective on permaculture, agriculutre, organics, and sustainability.  I'm grateful for the change of pace and the chance to have an authentic experience and meet such amazing people.  I'll stay for the rest of the week, and then I'm off to Golden Bay for another week long yoga retreat.

 

Hope you are all doing well!  I'm thinking of you happily!

 

Cheers,

Kristi

1 comment:

[The User] said...

Kristi,

Wwoofing sounds like quite an experience so far. Not only do the work and hours sound good but you've also met a great family.

I'm off to google to find out about wwoofing in japan :)

Cheers